20's are suppose to be your selfish years.

      As I get older I realize that your 20's is all about finding who you really are , leaving "friends" behind. Sometimes even family . Its a growing process, It hurts. The people who you thought was going to be there for the long haul baled on you. It's all apart of life. Its really like a roller coaster. You have Ups and Downs  You have times where you think you just might die. Your marriage may fell, You break up with a girlfriend or boyfriend you thought you were going to marry. You have to remember E V E R Y T H I N G is temporary ! Jobs, friends, relationships, money, heartache, pain, loss . Nothing last forever and that's Ok you are young and have a long life to live.
    I know that I'm only 21 years old, (almost 22 D; ) and at my age College should be my main focus but personally its not at this very second. I'm currently working a full time job trying buy my first car and make sure my bills are paid. Of course eventually I want to focus full time to get my career started. I currently have a couple things in my way due to some personal things that happend when I was 16. I am enrolled in Online classes to get my GED.  Ill share. Just to show you that anything is possible .
   When I younger my mother and I (still until this day) have had a rocky relationship . We had moved to Utah and came back to Cali to visit some friends. When our mini vacation was over we stopped at McDonald's to get some coffee and my little sister and I had got into a fight (like siblings do) My little sister told my mom and my mother flipped out on me and then her and I got into it. Short story short she thru my bags out the car and got on the freeway and left me in the McDonald's parking lot. At that time my family was going through some personal things and it was hard on all of us. I was only 16 years old. I was ready to finish my Senior year of High school and start my life. But she ruined that for me.  My childhood was over. I lived with my closet friends (tell this day I Thank you Chey <3 & Arielle <3 ) I didn't get to experience Prom, graduation, like a regular 16 year old . I got my very first job at Kohl's and worked my butt off just to feed myself. EVERY SINGLE THING I HAD I purchased myself. I was depressed and mean . Mad at the world. I pushed a lot of people away from me cause Anger is all I knew when my mom left me in that parking lost I cried and cried and cried for months . I know I'm getting really personal BUT the reason I shared this is because ANYTHING is possible.
     My sucky situation did not last long. I got my own apartment when I was 18. I made the best out of my situation . I paid for everything on my own which  made me appreciated it more . I didn't have parents or family. I was alone. But of course that is why I am so loyal to my friends . I am forever grateful for them They kept me sane and Never left my side through my Hard times.
    Now that I am almost 22 years old I'm so happy I have gone through that experience . It has taught me so much about myself. Of course at the time I was woe me blaming the world for why I was such a bitch. Going thru that taught me to grind and love myself . I love that I can be selfish with my time now, and focus on my goals I have set for myself. I know I got a late start on finishing my education but I' learned to accept that. Having No kids at my age is a shocker to the world and I'm actually thankful I didn't have any personally. Isn't crazy how your life is now and you never expected to be the way it is ? I think about that all the time .
    So here's my advice for you . If you are in your 20's or 50 and you have someone whether its your husband, sister, uncle, mom or grandma its ok to cut them off if they're are just tearing you down. Toxic is Toxic, I know they may be "blood" to you but when the going gets tuff you need to cut it ! lol Love yourself and remember never push away the people who are there to help you. Your situation is only temporary.  Its OK to be selfish. Enjoy this time cause you will never be 20 again. life is to short to settle. Be positive and passionate with everything you do in your life. You are in control of the outcome . Remain humble and do you ! You don't need to be in college , You don't need to be making 6 figures !!!!!!!!!! Not everyone was raised the same so DO NOT compare yourself to some one else's situation. You have no Idea what that person has gone through to get to where they are today, Remember that .
Lastly......  DO WHAT EVER TF MAKES YOUUUUUUU happy. And whats meant to be will be.
-Xoxoxo Aleigha Storm .


Back to Top