What's in my hair ?


I get soooo many questions about my hair products when i'm out or get asked if " Can i touch your hair?" lol as if i'm some type of freak show in AHS (that was my shit!!) Ha and at first i would get offended at the fact my hair looks like something that you can just " touch. " Now , I don't care, it makes me happy that other races find my hair beautiful or are just simply curious about the process in which it takes to get the perfect volume ! Some ask is that your real hair? Others ask how do you get your hair so curly like that!? As if i used a itty bitty little pencil and wrap each and every strand of my curly hair around it to get it perfect. NO i was simply born this way ! Its hereditary my mother who is White has naturally curly hair, And my Father who is black has naturally cores hair so of course that left me with this !

My hair didn't always look this awesome (; ha ha . Iv went through some terrible terrible times ! Like for instance my perm days ! My mother would perm the shit out of my hair ! To the point my hair wouldn't even curl anymore, But as a kid i didn't care i was just happy my hair MOVED! Yes ! As in it actually blew in the wind or if i turned my hair a sudden way it would flow with the movement lmao! But at the time i didn't know how damaging it became. So then she went to texturizer thos just made my curls lose and lay down instead of growing in a Afro ! I was all over the place with my hair until i became the age of about 8 i started doing my own hair
STORY TIME**
So i was 8 years old and my mom started letting me do my own hair ! RIGHHHHT.... And i HATED getting my hair brushed out i'm so tinder headed ! RIgggghht . So i went about a couple weeks with this pony tail with braids and i would just leave that same pony tail in my head for about 2 weeks  and I would just brush the fuzzy parts back with some water and gel lol. SOOO my mom was like "Aleigha we need to wash your hair" And i was like ok..... Let me tell you something.   When my mom took down my long lasting pony tail and had to cut this big ass knot out the middle of my head that i kept brushing over for weeks because MY ASS STARTED GROWING A FUNGUS UNDER FROM ALL THE MOISTER! Yes girl ! A FUNGUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D; I remember feeling a breeze on my head from the big ass bald spot i was left with ahahaha.  ( no lie ) SO short story short i wasn't able to do my hair anymore lol
So i vowed to my mom that i would brush my hair out everyday  and take care of it !

Im now 21 and have never had that problem ever again! It took about 5 years to get all the heat damage and perm damage out my head. I would cut the pieces off gradually not all at once cause i didn't whana be balder then i was I went through my Straight hair only days with fake synthetic hair extensions *gross* ! Ha Now i try to only straighten my hair on special occasions or when i really want to but no more then 3 times a year . It really is the worse thing you can do to your curls.
So now for the hair products  ! I am not a hair product junky so that means I'm cheap as hell! Iv tried Mixed Chix, The Shea Moisture hair line ect. everything you can imagine  ! & I HATED them! They Either were too heavy on my hair or too light and didn't do a damnn thang!!  So i gave up on trying to be fancy and found these 3 !
And all together these cost me around like 16$! Only because it vary on what type of coconut oil i use and out of all three of these products the coconut oil is the most expensive for obvious reasons ! ( Coconut oil is pricey lol ) You can get the gel at your local sally's beauty supply for about 6$ for the 24oz Or if they have the 5lbs jar ill get that one for about 10$ and it last my girl friend and I about 5 mos ! The conditioner can be found at any store really for about 3$ ! I absolutely LOVE these 3 combined together  in my herrr! I have been using them for almost 6 years now and have not found anything else that i love more !
 I hope you find this helpful ! Please don't hesitate to ask any questions at alllll!
Xoxo - SimplyStormy <3
Back to Top